Established to recognise and encourage creative writing and provide a platform for publication, this short story award is open to original and previously unpublished short stories in the English language by a writer of any nationality, living anywhere in the world. Stories submitted must be on the theme of ‘Courage’ and not exceed the maximum of 1,500 words. Writers can submit as many entries as they wish.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
The winner will receive a €500 cash prize and the chance to see their work published in a future issue of Anthology.
The winner will also receive a one year subscription to Anthology Magazine
Submission Deadline & Entry Fees:
Early Bird: 30 April 2022 – €10 per story
Deadline: 31 August 2022 – €15 per story
Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- To enter, submit an original, unpublished short story, written in English on the subject of ‘Courage’ with a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Entry fee: €10 per story if entered by midnight on 30 April 2022, or €15 per story if entered by midnight on 31 August 2022.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- There is no age limit.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is Wednesday 31 August 2022 at midnight.
- Submissions will be judged on literary merit, originality and readability.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Copyright remains with the author but Anthology Magazine reserves the right to be the first to publish or arrange a broadcast of selected works. The right to use the stories to further publicise this award is also retained.
- Submission of a written piece implies the author’s acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning Short Story in Anthology Magazine.