- This event has passed.
Spot-lit Literary Tourism Workshops in West of Ireland
November 26 - November 28
Location: - Ireland
Spot-lit Workshop Details
Spot-lit workshops will be held in Sligo at The Glasshouse Hotel on November 26th, in The Ellison Hotel, Castlebar, County Mayo on November 27th, and in The Maldron Hotel, Oranmore, Galway, on November 28th. Attendance at the workshops is free of charge, though registration is essential.
Spot-lit workshops are open to small businesses, social enterprises, community groups and literary associations with a unique idea for the development of literary tourism in their area. Attendance at one of these workshops is essential in order to be eligible to apply for The Business Support Programme valued at up to €10,000.
There will be a call-out for applications for the Business Support Programme in December, businesses, a single organisation or an alliance working together may apply.
• 26th November, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, SLIGO (The Glasshouse Hotel): Register Here
• 27th November, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, MAYO (Ellison Hotel, Castlebar). Register Here
• 28th November, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, GALWAY (The Maldron Hotel, Oranmore, Galway) Register Here
The workshop will:
- Provide you with an overview of the Spot-lit programme; how to apply to become a participating business (micro-enterprise or SME) etc
- Explore possibilities for how literary tourism might be developed in your local area – and how this relates to your business.
- Key elements required to develop literary and cultural tourism in your region / or connecting your business to the cultural / literary tourism sector including:
Designing and developing a literary tourism business/experience; knowing and growing your market.
Never Miss Out! Be the first to know what’s happening; get the latest on funding announcements, events and news from Spot-lit.