Lapland University of Applied Sciences is a project partner engaged in the Spot-lit Project and is the responsible partner for the T4 work package named “Development of Transformative Guide for SMEs in Literary Tourism” . The activities of the work package include the establishment of a baseline audit of Northern Periphery and Arctic (NPA) literary tourism activity at the project commencement, data collection over determined periods during the project implementation, and data analysis.
In summer of 2019, a baseline study was conducted, in which an agreed set of economic indicators of literary tourism in the NPA regions involved were evaluated. The economic indicators are as follows:
- SME activity within the literary tourism
- Number of jobs supported by the literary tourism sector;
- Number of SME products and service connected to the literary tourism
- Reach of those products and services into national and international
- The extent of SME clusters in the literary tourism sector;
- The visibility of products and services connected to the literary tourism
- Public awareness and engagement with the literary tourism sector as a
means of identifying destinations of choice for tourism activity
The same set of economic indicators are evaluated in this report, based on data collected in all four participating regions late 2019, first quarter of 2020 and third quarter 2020.
View Report: Literary Tourism Baseline Audit NPA Region 2019-2020